Vehicle statuses update automatically according to the update rate programmed with each device (typically 2-minutes). If you want to request the current location of a vehicle prior to the automatic update, you can manually ping the device.
To ping a device:
- From the map, Search Results tab, or Vehicles tab, click the vehicle you want ping.
- On the Vehicle Card (details area), click Update Location ().
- From the Update Location prompt, click OK.
The request will attempt to contact the vehicle.
- If the request was successful, the vehicle’s location is updated on the map and on the Vehicle Card.
- If the request was unsuccessful, the vehicle might not be connected to the cellular network (out of range).