The portal supports integration through APIs, webhooks, and third-party integrations.
An application programming interface (API) specifies how some software components should interact with each other. The portal’s API provides a form of communication via XML or JSON coding language to push your fleet’s data (e.g., odometer reading, location, engine hours, etc.) from our system to your back-end systems (e.g., ERP, Dispatch, CRM). By using our API you can effortlessly integrate your fleet’s data into your back-end systems to provide transparency into payroll, fuel card transactions, additional documentation, asset management, and more.
Think of our API as a pantry full of ingredients. All you have to do is create the recipes!
More details about our API v2, including step-by-step instructions and example requests/responses, are available here: http://gpsinsight.com/apidocs.
Did you know that our customers can contribute to our API documentation? If they have examples of interesting implementations, they can submit them via GitHub.
Webhooks are part of our API and are a simple way to get events in our system—such as such as a vehicle’s location or a vehicle entering a landmark—pushed to your system as they occur. We push data by making an HTTP POST to a URL that you have configured with us for an event.
Manage Third Party Integrations
In addition to webhooks, the portal can also support third-party integrations with several providers. Some providers require a signed release form for permission to transfer location data.
|Service Titan||Business Management||Requires an API Key.|
|Fleetio||Fleet Management||Requires an API Key and Account ID. Optionally select Update Odometer and/or Diagnostic Trouble Codes.|
To configure ServiceTitan integration:
You must complete a ServiceTitan API Authorization Form and send to your ServiceTitan representative, who will then provide the required API key.
- Log into the Service Titan portal.
- Click on the user profile in the top right, and then click Settings.
- From the list of Integrations, click Gps.
- Click Add Provider.
- In the Account Details tab (Edit Gps Provider form), choose the provider name (GPS Insight), enter the AccountId of your GPS account, and click Save.
If you don’t know your AccountId, contact your Account Manager or Support.
- Click the Devices tab, add your vehicles using the vehicle’s VIN, and click Save. Ensure the vehicle VIN in the GPS portal matches the VIN you enter here.
- From the portal, click the More menu, and click Integrations.
- Click Add Integration.
- From the list of Available Integrations, click Service Titan.
- Enter the API Key provided by ServiceTitan.
- Click Save.
When you click the integration, additional information is provided for Status and Total Messages. An option to delete the integration(s) is also available.
Integration should be live within a few minutes. Click the Dispatch menu icon in Service Titan, and scroll down to see the updated location of your vehicles as they report.
To configure Fleetio integration:
Before starting, ensure the vehicles’ VINs in the GPS portal matches the VINs in the Fleetio system. Additionally, you must generate a new API token from the Fleetio system (from the Fleetio main menu > API Keys).
- From the portal, click the More menu, click Integrations, and click Add Integration.
A list of available integrations appears.
- Under Available Integrations, click the Fleetio button.
The Edit Integration window appears.
- Enter the required properties for the integration:
- API Key: Enter API key provided by Fleetio.
- Account Id: Enter Account ID provided by Fleetio.
- Update Odometer: Select the box to integrate odometer updates (optional).
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes: Select the box to integrate DTCs (optional).
- Click Save.
The Fleetio integration displays in the list of current integrations for your account.