Use the instructions provided below to update your ServiceTitan integration (if applicable) as Service Titan is shutting down its v1 API.
This update must be completed by the end of July 2022.
The update to this integration is done in two parts:
- Setting up the GPS Provider
- Enabling the API Access
1. Setting up the GPS Provider
- Log into your ServiceTitan account and navigate to Settings by clicking the gear in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the menu on the left, click Integrations, then GPS.
- On the GPS Providers screen, a line entry for GPS Insight should exist, click Edit under “Actions”. If not, click Add and select “GPS Insight” from the list on the first line.
- Click the Devices tab and match your VINs (first column) and technician name (second column) from vehicles tracked by GPS Insight with technicians defined in ServiceTitan. Entering Memos (third column) is optional.
In the GPS Insight Portal, you can use the Manage Vehicles page to get the VINs you need to align each vehicle with their technician in ServiceTitan.
If you need to add a device, click Add Device, enter VIN (first column) and select technician name (second column) from the drop-down.
- Click Save if any changes or additions were made.
The Edit GPS Provider – GPS Insight page appears. You do not need to enter your account_id, or username and password.
2. Enabling the API Access
- From your ServiceTitan account and navigate to Settings by clicking the gear in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the menu on the left, click Integrations, then API Application Access.
- Click Connect New App.
- From the list, click GPS Insight Location Updates, then click Connect.
The Connect New App pop-up appears.
- Use the drop-down under “Restriction by “gps_provider” for GPS Pings,” select “GPS Insight (gps_provider = GPS Insight).”
The “GPS Insight (gps_provider = GPS Insight)” option is available when successfully set up during Part 1. Setting up the GPS Provider.
- Click Allow Access.
- Under “Application Details,” click Generate next to “Client Secret”.
- Click Copy next to Client Secret and leave this browser tab open.
- Open a different tab in your browser and sign in to the tracking Classic Portal.
- Under “Account,” go to Manage Webhooks and click Open.
- In the “Available Integrations” section, click the + icon next to ServiceTitan.
- Paste the Client Secret in the “Client Secret” field that you copied from the ServiceTitan site.
- Return to the ServiceTitan site and click Close from the Client Secret pop-up.
- Copy the Tenant ID from the ServiceTitan site, and toggle back to the Classic Portal browser tab to paste the tenant ID into the “Tenant ID” field.
- Toggle to the ServiceTitan site, copy the Client ID and toggle back to the Classic Portal browser tab to paste the client ID into the “Client ID” field.
- Click Add.
The Manage API Application Access page appears.
An “App Connected!” message appears in a green box if successful.
A pop-up appears for Generate Client Secret, click Yes, Continue.
The Client Secret pop-up appears.
The Webhook Manager page appears.
In the “3rd Party Integrations” section, you’ll see your existing ServiceTitan integration, now labeled “old”.
A pop-up window labeled “ServiceTitan” appears. The modal that pops up asks you for the three values that we saw on the API Access page on the ServiceTitan site. You’ll go back and forth between tabs to copy each one to set up the integration.
The updated integration is now listed in the 3rd Party Integrations section of the Manage Webhooks page.
You can verify the API is functioning by checking the following items: Recent Pings and Dispatch Map.
How to verify functionality via recent pings:
- Returning to the ServiceTitan tab, click GPS under Integrations in the left-hand menu.
- Click Edit from the “GPS Insight” line entry.
- Click Pings.
You should see the dates for your technicians listed under “Recent Ping History.”
How to verify functionality via dispatch map:
- Returning to the ServiceTitan tab, click “Dispatch” from the top navigation.
- Scroll down until you see the map.
You should see your technicians’ locations on the map.