Create new maintenance reminders by entering them into the web portal. After creating a reminder, you can receive notification whenever scheduled service is approaching or is past due. After creating a reminder, you can receive notification via alerts and scheduled reports whenever scheduled service is approaching or is past due.
Add a Maintenance Reminder
You can add any number of reminders, and one vehicle can have more than one reminder.
To add a reminder:
- From the menu, click Maintenance.
- Click Add Reminder.
- Enter a label for the reminder (e.g., oil change, tire rotation, etc.).
- Choose the vehicle for which you want to sent the reminder.
- Below the Next Service heading, enter the miles, hours, or date at which the next service should occur.
Although you can enter values for miles, hours, and date, most services are sufficiently defined by one value. For example, a date might be most appropriate for a vehicle registration renewal because that type of maintenance is not measured in miles or hours. If you do enter more than one value, the order of precedence relies on whatever value triggers first.
- Below the Intervals heading, enter the appropriate value(s) for the interval between each service. For example, oil changes for 51 LINDA should take place every 3,000 miles.
After service is completed, you can use the interval value to automatically reset the Next Service mileage and/or hours value(s). See Updating a Reminder.
- Click Save.