Create new maintenance reminders by entering them into the web portal or importing a spreadsheet for batch entries. After creating a reminder, you can receive notification whenever scheduled service is approaching or is past due. After creating a reminder, you can receive notification via alerts and scheduled reports whenever scheduled service is approaching or is past due.
Add a Maintenance Reminder
You can add any number of reminders, and one vehicle can have more than one reminder.
To add a reminder:
- From the menu, click Maintenance.
- Click Add Reminder.
- Enter a label for the reminder (e.g., oil change, tire rotation, etc.).
- Choose the vehicle for which you want to sent the reminder.
- Below the Next Service heading, enter the miles, hours, or date at which the next service should occur.
Although you can enter values for miles, hours, and date, most services are sufficiently defined by one value. For example, a date might be most appropriate for a vehicle registration renewal because that type of maintenance is not measured in miles or hours. If you do enter more than one value, the order of precedence relies on whatever value triggers first.
- Below the Intervals heading, enter the appropriate value(s) for the interval between each service. For example, oil changes for 51 LINDA should take place every 3,000 miles.
After service is completed, you can use the interval value to automatically reset the Next Service mileage and/or hours value(s). See Updating a Reminder.
- Click Save.
Import Service Reminder Spreadsheet
A spreadsheet import is helpful for performing batch functions.
To import the Create Service Reminders spreadsheet:
- From the portal, hover over the Account menu, click Manage Vehicles, and then click Update/Export items using a spreadsheet.
- From the Export Details to Spreadsheet area, choose to export Vehicle Labels/Details to CSV (Comma Separated Values) format, and click Save to File. (We will return to this file later.)
- Download a CSV Example template (#1) next to the Create Service Reminders spreadsheet action.
Within the spreadsheet, column names appear in Row 1 and an example record appears in Row 2.
- Within the spreadsheet, column names appear in Row 1 and an example record appears in Row 2. Using the file you just exported, replace Row 2+ with your own data. You may want to copy/paste one column at a time into the Example spreadsheet since the columns will be different than the column’s from the file you’re copying.
- Save the spreadsheet with your changes.
- From the portal in the Spreadsheet Actions grid, click the Create Service Reminders option.
- From the Import Step 1: Upload CSV or Excel File grid, click Choose File.
- In the Open window, browse to the location where you saved the example file for import, and double-click it.
- Click Upload Now.
Field(s) in the Reference column on the Update/Export page are required.
The Import Step 2: Define Columns grid appears. This grid allows you to see how your spreadsheet column names (shown in the drop-downs) will be applied to the appropriate fields in the portal (shown in bold). Select the Reference item and match it to the Reference column in your spreadsheet. No changes will be made to the data listed in the Reference column; this will only be used as the identifier to update auxiliary information. Set any fields marked “IGNORE” to the appropriate column name if they will be updated. If you don’t want to add/update those columns, leave them set to “IGNORE.” Some spreadsheets don’t have columns named specifically for “Update” purposes. In those cases, search for the Update section within the drop-down window of the field you want to update.
- Click Preview the Import.
The Import Step 3: Preview Import Data grid appears. This grid allows you to verify the data that will be imported. Valid values for reference fields will be marked with a green check box. The next action will overwrite/add data in the portal, so it’s very important to verify that columns are being mapped to the correct areas within the portal. If you haven’t already exported your current data as a backup, do so now!
- Click Proceed with Import.
The Import Step 4: Import All Data grid appears. This grid provides a summary of the import results. If any rows were skipped, they will be listed here with the reason they were not imported.
Any service reminder alerts that you create for the selected vehicle will now include this maintenance reminder when it checks for upcoming or past due (based on a custom threshold set inside the alert). This service reminder is also now viewable in the Service Reminder report.