This video walks you through the following steps in the installation process:
- Locate the vehicles OBD-II port, and ensure proper voltage.
- Free up existing OBD-II port.
- Assemble mounting bracket, and connect the OBD-II Pass-Thru Cable to the vehicle’s OBD-II port.
- Mount the replacement OBD-II port, and pull cable through the dash.
- Install the external antenna, and route the cables.
- Tape off all unused wires and connect the vPOD to harness AUX 1.
- Locate ignition source and connect 20-pin harness white wire.
- Connect the antenna cables to the device.
- Connect the harness and mount the device.
- Connect the vPOD to the OBD-II Pass-Thru Cable.
- Verify installation, and tamper-proof remaining connections.
– INSTALL OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES –
Since the publication of this video, steps 6 and 7 of this installation process have changed. Please review the vPOD White Wire insert before you install your device.