Please follow the steps below for troubleshooting driver status change issues.
Stuck in a Driving Event
In this case, you are usually connected to a device. The issue is that the device is reporting a speed all the time.
- If you are not on the lock screen, navigate to the VBUS Device Debug screen to view the speed value.
- Check if there is a speed value. If there is a speed value, continue with the steps below.
- Disconnect from the device and set the status to Off Duty/On Duty.
- Physically pull the device from the vehicle and reseat it, if possible.
- Log out and then log back into the application.
- Reconnect the device.
If the application stays in Off Duty/On Duty then the issue should be resolved. If the application switches the driver right back to a Driving state, contact Support.
If the Driving status is automatic, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided under “Stuck in a Status Other Than Driving Event” (below).
Stuck in a Status Other Than Driving Event
This event occurs when you try to manually change your status and the status immediately reverts to the previous status.
- Log off and then log back in to check if the problem is resolved.
- If not resolved by logging off and logging back in, check to see if you have any events in the future. You will need to have someone look at the driver history table in the database to determine this.
- Log off.
- Remove the future records from the database manually.
- Login and check if you can now change status.
- If this did not resolve the issue, uninstall and reinstall the application (you may need your Admin to complete this step).
- Confirm all data is currently synced to the server.
- Check the Portal to confirm events are up to date.
- If this does not resolve the issue, contact Support.