If you have toggled on Points of Interest (POI) to display on your Map from the Using Map Preferences and Controls and click on a POI, the POI Card displays.
With the POI Card, you can:
- view POI name and address,
- copy the location,
- view the dropped pin location in Google Maps in a separate browser tab,
- create a landmark,
- send a dispatch,
- view POI details (e.g., hours, website, phone number, etc.),
- view a list of nearby assets or landmarks,
- and view the Street View of the POI.
Using the POI Card Header
From the POI Card Header, you can view the POI name/address, copy the location or open the location in Google Maps in a separate browser tab.
How to copy a location:
- From the Address Card, click on the ellipses button ().
- Click Copy Location.
A pop-up window appears.
The location is copied to your system’s clipboard. Use may paste this location within the Portal or externally (e.g., separate browser tab, etc.).
How to view the location in Google Maps:
- From the Card, click on the ellipses button ().
- Click Open in Google Maps.
A pop-up window appears.
A separate browser tab opens displaying the location in Google Maps.
Using the Create Landmark and Send Dispatch Features
Using the Create Landmark and Send Dispatch buttons, you can create a landmark centered over the dropped pin location or send a dispatch to selected vehicles/drivers.
Driver feature is available to Enterprise customers only. If you would like additional information, please contact your Account Manager.
Creating a Landmark
How to create a landmark:
- From the Card, click Create Landmark ().
- Select Circle or Polygon as the shape of your landmark.
- In the Landmark Name text field, enter a name for the landmark.
- Select a color for the landmark.
- Optional: Enter Address Details (Street, City, State, Country, Zip).
- If you have selected Circle as your landmark shape, you will have the option to enter the radius of the circle in feet/meters (If lat/long coordinates are not entered then the default size is 750 feet or 228.5999926848002 meters).
- Optional: Use the drop-down window to select a Landmark Group.
- Click Create.
The Create Landmark window appears.
Polygons allow you to define a more precise boundary by tracing an outline around a specific area (up to 256* vertices). Polygon landmarks are more often used when the exclusion or inclusion of specific perimeters is important, such as when sending alerts when a vehicle enters or exits a specific location.
The Landmark is created and the corresponding Landmark Card appears.
Sending a Dispatch
How to send a dispatch:
- From the POI Card, click the Send Dispatch icon ().
- In the “To:” field, search for the recipient(s) (driver and/or vehicle) to receive the dispatch.
- The Location field is pre-populated with the POI address. If you have a supported tablet, you may add another location for dispatch.
- Click Send.
The Send Dispatch window appears.
The driver(s) and/or vehicle(s) must have associated contact information (e.g., phone number, email address, etc.) to be searchable/selectable.
The Dispatch is sent to your selected recipient. Below is an example of what the dispatch looks like when sent via SMS.
Viewing POI Overview Details
The POI card provides general details related to the POI under the Overview Details section of the card. This information typically includes a phone number, website address, and hours.
Viewing Nearby Assets and Landmarks
You can view a list of all nearby assets and landmarks to the POI in the Nearby Assets section of the POI Card.
Assets are listed by distance from the POI with the entered radius (in miles) and display Vehicle label and associated driver (if assigned), and current status. You can adjust the radius (default is 25 miles).
From the Nearby Asset list, you can click on the vehicle label to open the associated vehicle card for the vehicle.
Using the Street View
You can use the Street View to view the street-level imagery of the POI.
How to use the Street View:
- From the Street View section of the POI Card, click on the Expand button ().
- To interact with the Street View, click on the screen to move the view up/down the street. To move the view, click and drag on the Street View screen. To zoom in or out, use the trackpad or trackball on your mouse.
- To expand the Street View to Full Screen, click the Toggle fullscreen view button (). To exit Full Screen view, press the Esc button on your keyboard or click the Exit full screen view ().
- To collapse the view, click the Collapse button.
The Street View section expands to show the street view of the POI.
If Street View is unavailable for the location, a message is displayed stating: “Currently unavailable for this location”.