How can I optimize my fleet utilization in the future and make better business decisions?
The best predictor of future fleet utilization is …
*cues drum roll* Past fleet utilization! This sounds logical enough, right?
Importance of Trend Analysis
Looking for trends in your data helps you discover new business opportunities, improvement areas, and perform risk assessments. Benchmarking historical data to highlight KPIs leads to enhanced business decisions.
Refer to this example of a fleet management program for the first year, separated into phases:
Fleet Management Program Example
All historical vehicle activity is shown on the Map Dashboard (2D History and 3D History Maps) and included in reports as long as you are a customer. Utilizing APIs to send report data and scheduling reports to be emailed monthly are excellent ways to collect data. Sound complicated? Don’t worry, it’s not.
Here are a few tricks to know about manually running historical reports:
- Some reports may take longer to run or may need to be run for shorter windows of time or smaller vehicle groups.
- Reports can be run in increments based off the time from the current date (i.e., Data from the last 3 months can be run together at once and any month past that point must be selected individually).
- The most common reports used by customers to collect data for trending include Fleet Utilization, Idle Summary, and Posted Speed Reports.
- Enter collected data into a trending table in Excel™ (example shown below).
Download FileGPS Insight Trending Table Excel™
The following tools are available to collect historical data for trending analysis:
- An available option to export report data to Excel™ when running reports manually (ad-hoc).
- Ability to send scheduled monthly reports to one or more email address for you to file in an End of Month/Quarter/Year Compilation folder.
- API integration to push trending report data to your back-end systems.