The installation kit contains a registration card, the TT-1800, and one activation magnet (red tag). Additional tools and supplies you need include four self-tapping, galvanized, tapered head screws or four galvanized bolts with washers and locking nuts, and one serialized security tag.
Complete the registration card by locating the seven-digit serial number on top of the device and copying the last six digits onto the card. When the card is complete, you may begin the installation.
The following steps provide an overview of the installation process:
- Locate a suitable mounting location.
- Secure the mounting bracket to the asset.
- Secure the device to the mounting bracket.
- Register your device.
1. Locate a suitable mounting location.
Identify an area that is horizontal, flat, and has an unobstructed view of the sky. Additionally, this area needs to be safe from potential damage due to normal operation of the asset.
2. Secure the mounting bracket to the asset.
To separate, carefully pull up on the two clips, and pull the device forward.
- Separate the device from the mounting bracket.
- Using four self-tapping, galvanized, tapered head screws or four galvanized bolts with washers and locking nuts, secure the mounting bracket to the asset.
3. Secure the device to the mounting bracket.
Align the bottom of the device with the bracket, and push the top of the device back until you hear a click.
- Place the device back into the mounting bracket
- Secure the device to the mounting bracket using a serialized security tag and the eyelets provided on top of the device and bracket.
4. Register your device.
To activate your device, with your registration card in hand, use the GPS Insight Verification App via smart phone (iOS|Android). If you have any verification questions, please call 866-477-4321 option 2.
Be sure to use the same logic in step 1 removing the serial number prefix when entering the serial number into the App.