The installation kit contains a registration card, the ST-1200, one abrasive pad, one alcohol wipe, two 3M primer sticks, five rivets, four self-tapping screws, four flanged button head machine screws, four well nuts, a packet of dielectric grease and two spare locknuts.
Additional tools and supplies that you may need include a cordless drill, fine tip marker, 5/16” (8mm) and 11/64″ (4mm) drill bit, 8mm nut driver drill attachment, a 5/64” (1.98mm) hex key, clean rag, and an extension ladder.
The following steps provide an overview of the installation process:
- Install preparation.
- Determine mounting location.
- Device installation.
- Verify the installation.
1. Install preparation.
Locate a pen and the Registration Card.
- Complete the registration card by locating the thirteen-digit serial number on the bottom of the device and copying the nine numerical digits onto the card.
- Remove the red label, and magnet to activate the device.
Be sure you write down the serial number (GT-12 S/N)
2. Determine mounting location.
Identify a suitable mounting location that provides the ST-1200 with the best view of the sky for both GPS reception and solar charging.
The device should remain clear of any moving parts, not mounted to any removable panels or positioned where damage to the device could be caused by normal operation, cargo, or terrain.
3. Device installation.
The ST-1200 can be mounted using one of two methods:
Well Nut Mount (Water Resistant Seal)
Locate the fine tip marker, 8mm (5/16”) drill bit, cordless drill, four well nuts, flanged button head machine screws, 5/64” hex key, and ST-1200 device.
- Identify and mark the four mounting hole locations.
- Remove the device and drill the holes.
- Insert the well nuts into the previously drilled holes.
- Place the device over the well nuts and fasten device to asset.
Do not overtighten well nuts as you may damage the rubber seal.
Self-Tapping Screw Mount
Locate the fine tip marker, 11/64” (4mm) drill bit, cordless drill, four self-tapping screws, 8mm nut driver drill attachment, and ST-1200.
- Identify and mark the mounting hole location.
- Drill the pilot holes.
- Place the device over the pilot holes and fasten the device to the asset.
4. Verify the installation.