With the GPS Insight Driver App, drivers can assign and unassign themselves to/from a vehicle and record pre- and post-trip Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs) from their mobile iOS devices.
Primary features include:
1) DVIR – Record pre-/post-trip DVIRs and view the most recent DVIR on the vehicle you are assigned.
2) Driver Assign – Assign/un-assign to/from a vehicle and view assign/unassign history.
The image height shown on right is reduced for readability. Screen aspect ratios vary by device model.
Logging In to the App
The Driver App is only accessible to drivers with a valid phone number whose information has been previously entered in to the Portal.
If a number is entered that is not associated with previously entered driver information, the driver will receive a message reading: “Bad Phone Number.” Drivers may be added to the Portal account at any time. See Adding a Driver for step-by-step instructions.
How to log in to the App:
- From the Login screen, enter your phone number and tap Get Authorization Code.
An authorization code is sent to the phone number entered via SMS message from 477-477(GPS-GPS).
- Open the SMS message and retrieve the assigned authorization code.
- Enter the authorization code in the text field and tap Authorize.
The authorization code must be entered within 120 seconds from your authorization code request.
You are now logged in to the Driver App.
Logging Out of the App
If you are using the same mobile device, you are automatically logged in each time you open the App.
How to log out of the App:
- Tap on the Me icon () at the bottom right corner of the screen.
The Driver Info screen displays.
- Tap your name.
A window appears asking: “Logout of GPS Insight?”
- Tap Logout.
You are now logged out of the App.
Viewing Driver App Data
You can view submitted Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR), average inspection times by driver, a real-time log of recently completed DVIRs, and receive notification when a DVIR with defects is submitted via supported reports, alerts, and dashlets in the Portal.