The Driver Assign feature allows drivers to assign/unassign themselves to/from a vehicle and view assign/unassign history from their Android mobile devices.
Assigning to a Vehicle
Upon login to the App, the Vehicle Assignment screen displays.
How to assign yourself to a vehicle:
A list of vehicle IDs will not appear if this is the first time you have logged in to the App or you have not yet assigned any vehicles previously.
- Assign a vehicle using one of the following options:
- 1- Enter the vehicle ID (associated ID in the Portal) in the text field.
- 2- Tap on a vehicle ID from a list of vehicles that you have assigned yourself to previously using the Driver App.
- If you have entered a vehicle ID in the text field (Option 1), tap Assign.
You are now assigned to the vehicle.
The Driver App displays:
- 1- Vehicle ID, DVIR status, and vehicle information
- 2- DVIR details from the last submitted DVIR on the vehicle status
Viewing Assign/Unassign History
How to view assign/unassign history:
- Tap the Driver icon () at the bottom right corner of the screen.
The Driver Info page appears displaying:
- 1- Your name and vehicle ID.
- 2- Driver totals for Miles, Hours (Hours:Minutes), Trips, MPG from the last 7 days while assigned to a vehicle.
- 3- Assign/Unassign history for the last 10 days, includes vehicle ID, date and time stamps.
- Scroll down to view all history, if applicable.
Unassigning from a Vehicle
You must submit a Post-Trip DVIR before unassigning from a vehicle if you submitted a Pre-Trip DVIR and deemed the vehicle “Safe to Operate.” You will receive the following message if a Post-Trip DVIR is not performed and you attempt to unassign yourself from a vehicle in this situation:
Tap Cancel or Start DVIR and submit a Post-Trip DVIR.
How to unassign yourself from a vehicle:
- From the Driver Info Screen, tap on the Driver Name/Vehicle ID bar.
A prompt appears with two options: “Unassign Vehicle” or “Logout.”
- Tap Unassign Vehicle.
You are now unassigned from the vehicle.
Roadside Assistance – Powered by Allstate, is an added feature in the GPS Insight Driver App. If the driver’s assigned vehicle has roadside assistance, they will see a Roadside Assitance tab in the Driver Info page.
You can view vehicle details and Allstate’s Roadside Assistance phone number by clicking Info within the tab.
If you are interested in learning more about our Roadside Assistance, contact your Account Representative for more details.