Drivers can submit a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) for pre- and post-trip inspections from their Android mobile devices with the Driver App. In addition, the Driver App shows the last submitted DVIR on the vehicle on the Vehicle Inspection screen.
Completing a DVIR
How to complete a DVIR:
If a vehicle was marked as “Unsafe” in the last submitted DVIR, the Vehicle Inspection status bar appears red and reads “Status: Needs Inspection.” If a vehicle was marked “Safe to Operate” in the last submitted DVIR, the Vehicle Inspection status bar appears blue and reads “Status: Needs Inspection.” You are prompted to approve the prior inspection before submitting a new DVIR.
- From the Vehicle Inspection screen, tap the Add icon () on the screen.
The Inspection screen appears.
If defects were added to the last submitted DVIR, you are prompted to certify that repairs have been completed. To certify completed repairs, tap the Complete button next to each applicable repair and then tap Approve.
- Enter Vehicle Defects and/or Inspection Notes.
If you do not have any vehicle defects to record or inspection notes to enter, proceed to Step #4.
- To Enter Vehicle Defects:
- Tap on Add Defects
- Tap the defect(s) you would like to add to the inspection report.
- Tap on the sub-defect(s) you would like to add to the inspection report.
- Tap on Close to collapse the menu.
- To Enter Inspection Notes:
- Tap the text field stating “Inspection Notes”
- Enter your notes and close the keyboard.
The Add Defects menu expands.
The menu expands with a list of sub-defects.
Selected defects will appear in red, accompanied by a checkmark.
Selected defects and sub-defects appear on the inspection screen.
Drivers can remove a defect before submitting a pre-trip inspection report by tapping on the Remove button.
Inspection notes are limited to 200 characters. A count of your characters is displayed on the screen.
Your inspection notes appear on the DVIR screen.
If you need to add or edit your inspection notes, tap in the text field and make any revisions necessary then close the keyboard.
- Tap Safe to Operate or Unsafe.
If you would like to select Unsafe, you must select defects for the DVIR. You will receive an error message if you do not select defects and have attempted to mark the vehicle Unsafe.
Tap OK and proceed to Step #2A.
Your DVIR is submitted and appears on the Vehicle Inspection screen.
Viewing DVIR Data
To view DVIR data:
- In the Classic portal go to: Reports > Driver > Driver Vehicle inspection.
- Select the Date Range and Driver Group.
- Click Run Report.
- Review details on report.