Garmin Device Troubleshooting
- Device is not listed in the Garmin-Enabled Vehicles list.
- The Garmin-Enabled Vehicles list says the Garmin is not active.
- The Garmin is not sending/receiving messages.
Performing a Hard Reset
If the Garmin device is not displaying the Dispatch screen or is not responding to any other troubleshooting steps, you may be instructed to apply a hard reset.
To perform a hard reset:
- Disconnect and power off the Garmin by pressing and holding the power button for five seconds, and then select Yes when prompted.
- Press and hold the lower-right corner of the screen while you power the Garmin back up.
- Continue holding your thumb in the corner until you see a pop-up window with the option to clear all data. Select Yes.
- After the device has cleared the data and restarted, the device will ask you to set up the Garmin. Follow the on-screen directions.
- When the setup has been completed, you will see “Where to?” and “View Map” options.
- Power down the Garmin by holding down the power button for five seconds, and then Select Yes when prompted.
- Reconnect Garmin to FMI cable.
Updating Garmin Device Firmware
There are also some instances in which the Garmin will need to have its firmware updated.
To update Garmin firmware:
- Plug the Garmin into a computer and visit the Garmin firmware website to download and install updates.
- Once this has been completed, plug the device back into the FMI cable and run through a verification.