Our Portal Login process is changing soon, and we would like you to participate in our beta trial. This article will help you understand how you will be impacted and the steps you need to take to prepare for this change.
- Beta Link: Portal Single Sign-On Beta
Why is the Login process is changing?
Single Sign-On allows us to modernize our security practices and support industry standards for authentication such as OAuth, and OpenID Connect.
- We now have improved feature integration opportunities, making it easier for customers to access their data and for us to offer features integrated with external data.
- Enterprise customers will soon be able to benefit from Single Sign-On. Contact your account manager to start the process of integrating Single Sign-On with your organization.
This feature will be limited to Enterprise customers and may require an additional fee.
Your login information will now be saved in the system, which eliminates the need to sign in each time you access the portal.
- Users will be able to use their email address or existing username to log in.
- A new “Magic Link” button will allow you to request an automatic-login link sent to your email.
Usernames and bookmarks will not change, so you will not need to remember any new information.
Your browser will not remember your password the first time you log in. You will need to know your login information or reset your password to gain access.
If you do not remember your password, click the “Forgot Password?” link after you enter your username to reset your password. Or use the “Send a Magic Link” button to request an automatic login link.