Tips for HOS Enforcement
Please review the items below for helpful tips to prepare your drivers and your fleet.
- Know if your device has ELD or AOBRD software.
- If you only have a Driver ID to enter on the log in screen, you have an AOBRD-programmed tablet.
- If you are required to enter a Driver ID and a password on the log in screen, you have an ELD-programmed tablet.
- AOBRD Roadside Inspection Steps – Completing a Roadside Inspection
- ELD Roadside Inspection Steps – Completing a Roadside Inspection
HOS Administrator Checklist:
- Make sure that a Driver’s License Number and State has been entered in the HOS Portal for each driver.
- See the section titled “Drivers” in Setting Up Your HOS Account.
- Make sure that your USDOT number is entered in the Organizational Details section of the HOS Portal.
- See the section titled “Organization Details” in Setting Up Your HOS Account.