In the event of a roadside inspection, the system allows you to show an officer the following data:
- Driving Summary
- Log Data (for the past 7 days)
- The latest DVIR
You must be adequately trained regarding the proper operation of the device for those features. In addition to those system features, you must have on-board an information packet, which includes:
- An Instruction Sheet describing in detail how data may be stored and received from the system.
- A supply of blank driver’s logs sufficient for the duration of the current trip.
Viewing the Driving Summary
On the Driver Overview screen, tap the down arrow icon to view more details about your daily and weekly driving summary.
Logs are available for the previous seven days. You can toggle the logs between Grid view (default) and Detail view. Grid view displays log data in a format familiar to paper logs, which includes a 24-hour graph of duty statuses and the total time in each duty status.
If logs were not successfully downloaded during the sign-in process, tap the Options button, and tap Request Logs to prompt the system to download the logs.
- From the Driver Overview screen, tap Logs.
The log graph appears.
- To view the Detail view, tap Log.
The details for each log event appear in line format, including duty status changes, claimed exemptions, or other remarks. You can also view a summary of your current assets, mileage, driving time, names of co-driver(s), vehicle and trailer IDs, and shipment info.
- Swipe or scroll through the list as needed (e.g., in the event of a roadside inspection). You can tap Office to view your main office information if needed.
- Tap Home when finished viewing the log.
Viewing the DVIR
The latest Driver Vehicle Inspection Report is always available to view from the in-cab system.
If logs were not successfully downloaded during the sign-in process, or if you think there have been changes at the office since your shift started, tap the Options button, and tap Request Logs to prompt the system to download the latest logs.
- From the Driver Overview screen, tap DVIR.
The previous DVIR appears.
- Tap Home when finished viewing the report.