The state of California requires fleet drivers to take a 30-minute rest break after a five-hour driving period. The Test Drive app offers a California Rest Break Compliance feature that alerts drivers to take their rest break once they hit the five-hour time period.
Logging in and Registering your Device
To get started, you will need to log in and register through the app via your tablet.
To log in and register your device:
- Log into the GPS Insight Test Drive app with your portal credentials.
- The Register screen will appear.
- Enter your Phone Number, then tap on Register.
- The Home screen will appear.
Setting your Driving Status
Once you are logged in and registered, you will need to set your current driving status and eventually take a break.
To set your driving status:
- Tap on the Set Status card to select your current status: Unavailable, Working, or On Break..
- Once set, the card will show your current status and a notification will appear in your notifcations bar stating which status you are currently in.
- After five hours of driving, the Take a Break notification will appear at the top of your screen. Tap Take a Break or Continue Driving.
- If you tap on Take a Break, your status will change to On Break for 30 minutes.
Ifyou tap on Continue Driving, your status will stay in Working mode.
This app has minimal interactable features, including login, device registration, driving status, and log out.
Additional features include:
- Home: Houses the Status card.
- Explore: Coming soon
- Activity: Coming soon
- Profile: View profile information, including name and status.