Using the GPS Insight Route Optimizer Beta Map
Use the GPS Insight Route Optimizer Beta Map to view optimized vehicle routes, route stop location details, and your forecasted profit/cost for a route.
The following features are available:
|1||Map Type||Set the preferred map view (Map or Satellite).|
|2||Per-Vehicle Route||View the color-coded per-vehicle routes. The route for each vehicle will have a color automatically assigned. Route stop locations are designated an alphanumeric identifier (e.g., A1, B1, C1, etc.) to indicate the assigned vehicle and the stop order.
You may refer to the Per-Vehicle Route section of the GPS Insight Optimizer Beta Menu to view the vehicle name associated with the per-vehicle route or you may click on a route stop location to view this information from the Stop Location Card (see below).
|3||Forecasted Route Profit/Cost||View the forecasted profit or cost (i.e., a negative number) of a route after you have clicked Optimize.
If you have entered attributes for the route in the Workbook Interface, the Attribute Score will be displayed under the forecasted route profit or cost.
|4||Enable Click-To-Add Location||Check the box to enable the click-to-add location feature so that you may click on a point on the map and the location will automatically be added to your list of Stop Locations in the Workbook Interface.|
|5||Map Options||Use the following options to adjust the map:
Zoom In – Focus and enlarge the map on a specific location to view the map in greater detail.
Zoom Out – Decrease the map view to display less detail over a larger map area.
Pegman – Click and drag pegman to a location on the map to see a street-view image.
Viewing a Stop Location Card
To View a Stop Location Card:
- Click on the Stop Location.
- Click the Close icon, , to exit the Stop Location Card.
The Stop Location Card appears.
What is Included in a Stop Location Card?
The Stop Location Card displays the following information:
- Location Name – Name of the location entered in the Workbook Interface.
- Location Sheet Index Number – The number associated with the order in which the location was added to the Workbook Interface.
Click on this link to highlight the position of the Stop Location’s Location Sheet Index Number in the Workbook Interface.
- Address – The street address of the stop location.
- Vehicle – The name of the vehicle assigned to the stop location.
- Subroute – The alphanumeric (e.g., A1, A2) identifier assigned to the stop location.
- Job Attributes – The attributes (e.g., special equipment, required driver name, etc.,) associated with the stop location, if any. See Completing the Workbook Interface Attributes Tab for additional information.
- Vehicle Attributes – The attributes (e.g., special equipment on board, driver name, etc.,) associated with the vehicle, if any. See Completing the Workbook Interface Attributes Tab for additional information.
- Net Profit – The total job profit associated with the stop location after calculated adjustments (based on cost of gas, driver, etc., from the product’s algorithm) are made to the gross profit entered in the Workbook Interface.
- Gross Profit – The total job profit for the stop location entered into the Workbook Interface.
- Attribute Profit – The total profit from job/vehicle details for the stop location.
- Arrival Time – Date/time (YYYY-MM-DD, HH:MM:SS) of arrival to the stop location.
- Departure Time – Date/time (YYYY-MM-DD, HH:MM:SS) of departure from the stop location based on arrival time and visit duration entered in the Workbook Interface.
- Results Sheet Index – Position of the stop location as ordered in the route.
Click on this link to highlight the position of the Stop Location’s Results Sheet Index in the Workbook Interface.