In the event you need to uninstall the ELD system to reinstall it in another vehicle, change the Vehicle ID, or reprovision a device to another account, please follow the steps below to properly configure the ELD tablet.
Updating ELD Vehicle Registration
The ELD tablet must be unprovisioned in order for it to register and communicate with the newer vehicle. Follow the steps below for unprovisioning the ELD after you have reinstalled the ELD system into the newer vehicle.
To unprovision the ELD tablet:
- With the ELD docked, turn the vehicle on.
- Tap the eFleetSuite Application located on the left-side of the Home screen.
- Tap the Version number located in the upper-left corner of the the Sign In screen.
- Press and hold the space between the words Provisioning and Information.
- Enter the password.
If the ELD is not powered on, hold the power button on the top edge of the tablet until it begins to power on.
If you do not have the password, please contact your GPS administrator.
If entered correctly, the tablet will take you back to the Provision Device screen to enter the account’s HOS information.
If the ELD is not being moved to another HOS Organization, continue with Provisioning the ELD.
To dissociate the ELD tablet from its current account:
- Log into the GPS portal.
- From the initial GPS portal, click on the More menu, Hours of Service, select the old portal, and click Open.
- From the Admin drop-down menu, click Devices.
- Click the View button in the upper-left corner of the Devices list.
- Locate the device in question and click on the Device ID.
- In the Device Detail, click Unprovision.
- Locate the unprovisioned device again and click on the Device ID.
- Click Delete.
The Open button will only open the HOS Portal when the user is logged into the GPS portal with the admin username for the account. If you do not have access to the admin username, you must log into the HOS Portal directly using your HOS Portal login credentials.