Co-driving allows multiple drivers to sign into the ELD device. You can sign in up to six drivers at the same time.
Adding a Co-Driver on the ELD Tablet
To add a co-driver:
- From the Driver Overview screen, tap +Driver ().
The Sign In screen appears.
- Enter the additional driver’s Driver ID and Password, and tap Sign In.
- Tap Status to set the additional driver’s status (See During Your Shift for a list of statuses and corresponding descriptions).
If the initial driver is signed in as ON Driver, the co-driver only has access to ON Not Driver and Sleeper Berth statuses.
The name of the additional driver(s) is shown on the Driver Overview screen.
- Tap a driver’s name to view the corresponding current status, driving time details, and Driver Overview screen for the selected driver.
The current driver must change his or her status to something other than ON Driver in order for any of the co-drivers to change their status to ON Driver.
Device Interaction While in Motion
While the primary driver is driving, the co-driver is allowed limited interaction with the device.
To use the device while in motion:
- Tap and hold down your driver card.
- If there is not a driver card as shown below, tap and hold on the icon normally used to switch drivers.
- Once the profile is unlocked, you can interact normally with the device.
- You will not be able to change drivers until the vehicle stops