From the tablet, you can access and perform various actions with your log events. Use the following information and instructional steps to perform advanced actions with logs.
Per ELD requirements, only certain log events can be edited. ELD events such as intermediate logs, ELD login, and logout, engine power up and shut down, and malfunctions and data diagnostics cannot be edited or deleted.
ELD-recorded (automatic) driving events and the event immediately following the automatic drive, system-generated remarks, and your current open status also cannot be edited or deleted. If an edit is required for your open status, you must first change your status through the Status button on the Driver Overview screen to end the open event.
Adding New Log Events
To add a new log event:
- Tap Logs from the Driver Overview.
- To add an event to the log date displayed, tap Add to open the new status details screen.
- To add an event to different log date, use the arrows next to the date or swipe left or right to navigate to the correct date.
- The right pane of the new status page shows the fields that need to be populated.
- The left pane shows a summary of your existing status changes for the log date.
New status changes cannot be added during an automatic driving event. Select a start time before or after any driving events on the log. New status changes also cannot be added with the same start time as an event already present on the log.
- You will be provided a list of statuses to select from as allowed by your carrier. Not all statuses are available.
- The vehicle ID selection is optional and allows you to choose from the current vehicle ID, other vehicle IDs you have used on log dates available on the device (7 or 14 days), or “N/A” if the status being added did not occur on any of the available vehicles.
Editing Existing Log Events
You can edit existing events through the Logs – Events screen.
ELD-recorded driving events and the event immediately following an automatic drive cannot be edited. If you need to shorten the on-duty event following an automatic driving event, you can do so by adding a new event or editing the start time of the duty status. PC and YM special driving category events cannot be edited at this time.
To edit an event:
- Tap Events from the log grid view, then tap to select the event to be edited.
- To edit an event spanning multiple days, navigate to the date it started.
- Tap Edit to make corrections to the event.
- Tap the field(s) on the right to edit them.
- A summary of status changes for the log day is displayed in the pane on the left for reference.
Deleting Existing Log Events
You can delete existing events through the Logs – Events screen.
ELD-recorded driving events and the event immediately following an automatic drive cannot be deleted. Other types of ELD events such as ELD Login/Logout and Intermediate Logs also cannot be deleted.
To delete an existing log event:
- Tap Events from the log grid view, then tap to select the event that needs to be deleted.
- Tap Delete and enter a Reason for Change to delete the event.
- When an event is deleted, it is changed to a record status of Inactive – Changed and the previous duty status is extended to fill the gap.
Editing Personal Conveyance (PC) and Yard Moves (YM) Events
When editing or adding PC or YM events, note that both the PC or YM special driving category event and a PC/YM Clear event must be present for the special driving category color coding on the log grid to be accurate.
To add a new PC or YM period to the log:
- Add both an OFF PC or ON YM event at the start of the period and a PC/YM Clear event at the end.
Failing to add the PC/YM Clear event will result in the special driving category color coding being applied to all subsequent events on the log grid until another special driving category period is applied or ended.
When adding new events, the ON YM option will add both an on-duty status and a Yard Moves special driving category event to the log at the start time selected.
Similarly, the OFF PC option will add both an off duty status and an Authorized Personal Use of CMV (PC) special driving category event to the log at the start time selected.
If the log already contains an on duty or off duty event at the time selected, only the special driving category event will be added.
To remove PC and YM events from the log:
- Delete both the OFF PC or ON YM event at the start of the period and a PC/YM Clear event at the end.
Deleting a PC/YM Clear event without deleting the OFF PC or ON YM event will result in the special driving category color coding being applied to all future log events.
PC and YM special driving category events cannot be edited or added independently of an accompanying off or on-duty status at this time. To change the start time of a special driving category, delete the existing event then add a new PC or YM event at the correct time.