The Driver Portal allows you to manage your duty status without logging into an electronic logging device (ELD), and perform other tasks such as log edits, resolving conflicts, and certifying logs right from your desktop computer.
To sign in to the Driver Portal:
- Visit: https://eld.gpsinsight.com/eFleetSuite/Login.aspx
- Enter your Organization ID in the Organization ID field.
- Enter your Driver ID in the User ID field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Click Sign In.
Exploring the Home Screen
The Driver Portal Home screen allows you to manage your duty status without signing in to an electronic logging device.
To update your status:
Once you have successfully signed in, the Home screen appears and displays your open status and the corresponding start time (date and time) of your current open status.
- From the home screen, click Change My Status.
The Change My Status screen appears.
- Choose an applicable status from the Change My Status To drop-down menu.
- Enter your current city.
- Choose the current state from the State/Province drop-down menu.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner to update your status.
The Home screen appears with your updated status, indicating your changes have been recorded.
Exploring the HOS Screen
From the HOS screen, you can access the Conflict Report, view your logs, print multiple logs, and change your status.
Change My Status
The Change My Status page allows you to change your status from Off Duty to On Duty and vice versa. It also allows you to choose ON-YM (Yard Moves) and OFF-PC (Personal Conveyance).
This does not replace properly signing out of a device.
If your current status is an automatic (ELD-recorded) Driving event, you will not be permitted to change your status on the portal until the device has updated the host with the end of the drive.
- If you forget to sign out of the device at the end of your shift, you will need to return to the vehicle and sign out.
- Then allow the device to communicate that status change to the host before making any log edits on the driver portal.
- Once you are signed out of the device and your logs on the portal show their current status as off duty, then you can safely edit logs as needed.
PC and YM Functionality
If you are enabled to use PC or YM, you will see the additional options as OFF-PC or ON-YM when signed in to an ELD. Drivers are required to enter an annotation when selecting either of these special driving categories. For devices designed to be removed from the vehicle, PC and YM are only available to select if the device is docked and associated with a vehicle.
On the device Logs grid, PC and YM are indicated by striped yellow or purple. This is to distinguish normal Off and On Duty with Personal Conveyance (Off) and Yard Moves (On).
On the device, YM status is automatically ended when:
- The vehicle ignition is cycled (On – Off – On) when outside a yard
- The device reboots
- The vehicle speed exceeds the speed threshold within a yard
- The carrier has enabled the speed threshold to apply outside of yards and the vehicle speed exceeds the speed threshold at any time
- The vehicle exits a yard
If you wish to continue in YM status after any of these events, you must tap Status and select ON-YM before moving the vehicle again.
If you forget to change your status back to YM before moving the vehicle, you will be automatically placed in Driving status. Any driving time recorded can be annotated but cannot be shortened or changed to a different status.
The Conflicts Report allows you to view and address active conflicts over a selected date range – this includes conflicts such as a missing location or a missing odometer.
To view/edit conflicts:
- From the HOS screen, click Conflict Report.
- From the Conflicts Report page, click on the date fields and choose the date range you want to view.
- Click View.
Any logs containing conflicts within the selected date range appear.
- Click on the date of the log to see the log details.
The Driver Log page appears, displaying the selected log.
- From the Driver Log page, scroll down and locate the conflict – the Conflict Type is displayed in the last column.
- Click the pencil icon to the left of the conflict to view the event details.
- Update any missing or incorrect information.
- Enter a Reason for Change.
- Click Save.
The Driver Logs screen allows you to view, edit, and certify your record(s) of duty status.
Per regulation, driver logs are only available in the Driver Portal for 6 months.
To view your Driver Logs:
- Hover your mouse over HOS, and click Driver Logs.
You can also click on HOS, then choose Driver Logs from the Driver Logs screen that appears.
- Click on the date field, then click a date from the Date menu (or use the Previous and Next Day options to navigate through your available logs).
- Under Log Format, click on the radio button next to the log format in which you would like have your log display. Log format options are as follows:
Format Type Description Driver Default Displays your logs in the format chosen for your Driver ID. US Format Displays your logs according to the US format. Canada Format Displays your logs according to the Canadian format.
- Click View Logs to load the logs for the selected day.
The log is displayed.
Viewing Your Driver Log
The Driver Logs page displays your driver, carrier, terminal information, duty-status grid graph, applicable resource(s) (e.g., trailers and vehicles) and log event details.
If a log has not been certified, a Certify option above the left corner of the Log details is displayed. If there are proposed edits to your log that you have not accepted or rejected, the Certify option is unavailable.
To certify a log:
- Review the uncertified log and click Certify… when you are ready to certify the accuracy and validity of the log’s contents.
- To confirm, click Agree or click Not Ready to go back to the Driver log.
If there are proposed changes that you have not accepted or rejected, the Certify… button is not shown, and instead you will be prompted to review and accept or reject all changes.
A window prompt appears requesting that you confirm you would like to certify the log for the displayed date.
If you clicked Agree, you are returned to the Driver Log and the Certify button is now replaced with a Certified label.
All proposed edits from your fleet administrator appear in the Log Events section in red, with a Record Status of Inactive – Requested. It is your responsibility to accept or reject any edits to your log.
To accept or reject a proposed edit:
- Locate the proposed edit (shown in red) in your list of Log Edits.
- To accept, click the green thumbs-up icon.
- To reject, click the red thumbs-down icon.
The proposed edit is applied to your log and your remaining hours are recalculated accordingly. The original event displays a status of Inactive – Changed. Use the annotation icon (plus sign) to add annotations to the log event, if needed.
The proposed edit is updated and displays inactive-rejected on your log. Use the annotation icon (plus sign) to add annotations to the log event, if needed.
Printing Driver Logs
The Print Multiple Logs page allows you to generate a PDF or CSV file which can be saved, printed, or emailed.
To print multiple logs:
- Select the date range to print, then click Print to export a PDF file or Export to export a CSV spreadsheet.
Exploring the Settings Screen
The Settings screen allows you to adjust user preferences as to how the HOS Portal displays information.
To view/edit user preferences:
- From the Home screen, hover your mouse over Settings and click User Preferences.
You can also click on Settings, then click User Preferences from the Settings screen that appears.
The User Preferences screen appears with adjustable display preference options.
Maximum rows per page
This preference limits the number of rows that is displayed in a table at one time. Available options you can choose from include: 10, 20, 50, or 100.
Time zone for reports
This preference determines which time zone is applied to the reported times included on your log. Choose from the following options:
Adjust for DST: Select if Daylight Saving Time is observed for your selected time zone.
Name style for reports
This preference determines how your name is displayed in the Portal and in printed reports. Choose from the following options:
- Name Only: Displays your first and last name only.
- Name with ID: Displays your first and last name followed by your ID.
If you select Name with ID, use caution to protect your ID from unauthorized distribution.
Units for Distance/Odometer
This preference sets the unit measurement used when displaying or entering odometer readings or distance traveled. Choose from miles or kilometers.
Change My Password
This button allows you to change your password. You are required to enter your current password in order to make a change, in addition to your new password (enter a second time to confirm the password in the Confirm Password field). Click Save to save your new password or click Cancel to return to the User Preferences screen.
If you do not remember your current password, please contact your fleet administrator for further assistance.
More reference materials: