Do you have questions about using the Portal? Please use the below instructions to guide you through using the Driver’s Portal.
On the Logs page, you can view all of your daily driving logs and documentation. You can also create, update, and delete records as needed in addition to printing driving logs on this page. After making any changes on this page, you can manually refresh the page by using the Refresh button () within the site header.
Any changes made on this page are updated and synced in near real-time to the ELD Mobile app.
Certifying Log Entry
How to Certify a Log Entry:
- On the Logs page, click on the Certify Log button to certify the current log entry on the grid chart or a a selected log entry from the list of uncertified logs.
- Click Certify Now. If the current status is Driving, a dialog will pop-up to confirm changing the status to off duty.
- Click Agree to confirm your certification of a daily log or click Not Ready to cancel certification.
- If you would like to export the corresponding PDF file export click on the Daily Log PDF Report button ().
The log entry will be certified and the appearance of the action button switches to ‘Uncertify Log.’ The Daily Log PDF Report is generated and the log entry will no longer display on the list of uncertified logs.
Uncertifying Log Entry
How to Uncerify a Log Entry:
- Click the Uncertify Log button () to uncertify the selected daily log and reopen the selected log for editing.
- Click Agree to confirm that you are uncertifying a daily log or click Not Ready to cancel the uncertification.
Only driver logs that have not yet been certified can be edited. If you would like to edit an entry for a day that’s already certified, a warning dialog will launch the “Uncertify Log” dialog before letting the edit occur.
The log entry is uncertified and the appearance of action button will switch to ‘Certify Log’.
The Log PDF file cannot be viewed for a log unless it is certified.
Viewing a Certified Log Entry
How to View a Certified Log Entry:
- On the Logs page, select the log you would like to view.
- Click the Daily Log PDF Report button ().
- Click the download button () to download the file.
Filtering the Logs
How to Filter Logs:
- From the Logs page, select a date using the Date Picker.
Current Log’s Grid Chart
The Grid Chart is the visual representation of the series of events that have occurred over the current log period. Events are recorded as lines on the grid chart with respect to the time it occurred, ended, and its duration. Below are the components of the Grid Chart and corresponding descriptions.
|1||Start Time of Day||The Start Time of Day of the Current Log.|
|2||Grid Chart||Contains the line over time representation of the events. The line color varies per the following conditions:
– Solid Green is the default line color.
– Solid Red lines denote violations that occur under the US Region.
– Solid amber lines denote violations that occur under the Canada Region
– Dashed amber lines denote Personal Conveyance events.
– Dotted amber lines denote Yard Moves events.
|3||Cycle||The Cycle used by the driver.|
Events History List
Hover your mouse over a Violation Icon to show its description.
Editing Log Status
You can make changes to your log status from the Portal by using the instructions provided below.
Adding a Status
How to Add a Status:
- On the Logs page, click on the Status icon () for the log you would like to update.
- Under the Time section, select the time for the status.
- Under the Status section, use the drop-down menu to select your status from the available options shown.
- Under the Odometer section, add a value for the Odometer field. This is required.
- Under the City section, fill in the City field. This is required to enable the State field.
- Under the State section, select the name of the State using the drop-down menu.
- If applicable, you can check the following options to enable special driving events:
- Personal Conveyance – Once checked the Yard Moves checkbox will be disabled. Selection of this option will be recorded within the events history.
- Yard Moves – If this is enabled, the status will be set to Off Duty automatically and will disable the Personal Conveyance check box. selection of this option will be recorded within the events history.
These events can also be cleared from the Portal, disabling these options will record the following in the events history list accordingly: ClearYM/IC and ClearPU/IC.
- Under the Note section, add a note.
- Under the Reason for Edit section, select a Reason Code using the drop-down menu.
- Click Save to successfully add the status. Click Close to discard the adding of the status.
The Status will then be added to the events history list.
Editing a Status
How to Edit a Status:
- On the Events History List corresponding to the log for which you would like to edit a status, click on the Edit Status icon.
Automatic events created by the app are not editable except for Driving event.
- Make your edits in the applicable sections of the dialog.
- Click Save to successfully add the status. Click Close to discard the editing of the status.
When the Motor Carrier requests an edit or an add to your record electronically, you are notified by a Pending Request(s) dialog display in the app. Modified events marked with an (*) cannot be edited unless accepted by the driver on the HOS Application. However, in the portal, the added or edited event displays on the Events History with these marks:
- Inactive Change Request (ICR) – The requested event still needs an approval from the driver.
- Inactive Change Rejected (ICJ) – The requested edit has been rejected by the driver.
- Inactive Change (IC) – Events have been edited and replaced by the driver in the app, hence they are inactive.
If you used an android application, the Android operating system and HOS application versions will appear beside the event legend. If you used an iOS operating system and HOS application versions will appear beside the event legend.