When you click on a landmark from the Landmark list, the Landmark Card for the selected landmark appears. With the Landmark Card, you can view or copy landmark coordinates, view a landmark in Google Maps in a separate browser tab, edit a landmark, and/or send a dispatch.
Using the Asset Header
From the Asset Header, you can view the landmark coordinates, copy the location or open Google Maps in a separate browser tab to view the location.
The lat/lon coordinates are provided under the Landmark name.
Using the Ellipses button
Using the ellipses button from the Asset Header, you can copy the landmark location or open Google Maps in a separate browser tab to view the location.
How to copy the landmark location:
- From the Landmark Card, click on the ellipses button ().
- Click Copy Location.
A pop-up window appears.
The location is copied to your system’s clipboard. Use may paste this location in within the Portal or externally (e.g., separate browser tab, etc.).
How to view the location in Google Maps:
- From the Vehicle Card, click on the ellipses button ().
- Click Open in Google Maps.
A pop-up window appears.
A separate browser tab opens displaying the location in Google Maps.
Using the Edit Landmark and Send Dispatch Features
Using the Edit Landmark and Send Dispatch buttons, you can edit the selected landmark (landmark name or landmark color) or send a dispatch to selected vehicles/drivers.
Editing a Landmark
How to edit a landmark:
- From the Landmark Card, click Edit Landmark.
- Make your edit(s) to the landmark. Edits are limited to changing the name of the landmark or the color.
- Click Save.
The Edit Landmark window appears.
The edits to the landmark are saved and reflect on the Landmark Card (if landmark name changed) or on the Map (if landmark color changed).
Sending a Dispatch
A dispatch to a landmark (previously created), vehicle, or address can be sent to selected recipients (vehicle ID or driver name, if associated) from the Landmark Card.
How to send a dispatch:
- From the Landmark Card, click Send Dispatch.
- In the “Location to send:” text field, enter a landmark, vehicle ID, or address that you would like to dispatch a vehicle/driver to.
- Use the Recipient Selector (drop-down window under “Send this location to the following recipient(s):”), to select the driver(s) and/or vehicle(s) to receive the dispatch.
- Click Send Dispatch.
The Send Dispatch window appears.
Selected recipients appear in pill labels toward the bottom of the Send Dispatch window.
A message regarding the transmission status of your dispatch appears next to the Vehicle ID section of the Vehicle Card.
If the transmission failed, you are notified of this failure so that you may attempt the dispatch again.