The Messaging feature in the GPS Insight Manager (iOS app) allows you to view, send, and delete messages sent to or received from your drivers.
Before using the messaging feature within the app, take note of the following:
- The driver or vehicle must have an SMS number set under the driver’s or vehicle’s profile (Pro/Enterprise) vehicle’s profile (Standard) set in the portal. Vehicle contact info is typically used if your company does not specify driver contact info and/or assign them to vehicles.
- You will only see messages associated with vehicles (Pro/Enterprise) vehicles (Standard) and/or drivers that are available to you.
- You cannot start a new message thread from the iOS Manager app. Log into the portal to create a new message thread (Pro/Enterprise) new message thread (Standard).
The app shows a list of all messages that were sent or received from your portal account within the last 90 days. Messages are organized in a thread format, which means the messages displayed on the Messaging screen represent the last message(s) received/sent between you and each driver or vehicle with whom you’ve initiated communication from the portal.
The full message history for each vehicle is saved within each thread. (See below.)
The time stamp of the last message is shown in italics next to the vehicle label.
To view a message:
- Tap on the message thread.
The message thread opens, and all previous message history appears.
- Type a message to reply, or tap the Messaging menu to exit the thread and return to the list of all messages.
To send a message:
- From the list of messages, tap on the message thread with the name of the vehicle that you want to message.
All previous message history appears.
- Tap the text field.
The keyboard appears, and the text field expands.
- Type your new message.
- Tap Send.
You can delete messages threads. Deleting a message thread deletes all messages to/from the driver/vehicle associated with the thread.
To delete a message:
- From the list of messages, tap Edit in the upper, right corner.
- Tap the Delete icon next to the message thread you want to delete.
- Tap Delete to remove the message.
The message thread disappears from the list of messages.
- Tap Done.