The Map feature allows you to view real-time vehicle locations and statuses on a map. If you have location settings enabled for your mobile device, your location also appears on the map ().
1) Menu – You can also set your map preferences for Traffic, Trails, Filters, Follows, Map Type, Pin Label, and Focus. You may also force the app to reload your data and/or submit feedback regarding the app from the Menu.
2) Search Bar – Search for vehicle ID/name, landmarks, and driver (if assigned).
Searching for driver is available to Pro and Enterprise customers only.
3) Center – Center the map over your current location (applicable if location services are enabled on your device).
4) Zoom In – Focus and enlarge the map on a specific location to view the map in greater detail.
5) Zoom Out – Decrease the map view to display less detail over a larger map area.
Search for vehicle ID/name, landmarks, and driver (if assigned).
How to use the Search Bar:
- Tap the Search Bar.
- Enter the vehicle ID/name, landmark, or driver (if assigned, available for Pro and Enterprise customers only).
The app will return applicable matches meeting your search parameters in list form.
- Tap on the vehicle id/name, landmark, or driver you would like to center the app screen over.
You may alternately tap on one of your previously entered searches.
Your search history (limited to the last five searches) will be displayed when you tap in the bar.
The screen automatically centers over your selection.
To exit the Search Bar and return to the Map, tap the Return button ().
You may drop a pin right on the Map and view details of the dropped pin in the Dropped Pin Card.
How to drop a pin:
- From the Map, find the location for which you would like to drop a pin.
A dropped pin icon appears on the Map and a Dropped Pin card appears at the bottom of the screen.
Dropped Pin Card
You can view details of the Dropped Pin such as dropped pin address, street view (preview and full) of the dropped pin, and a list of assets located near the pin you dropped. Additionally, you may create a landmark from the dropped pin.
How to view the Dropped Pin Card:
- From the dropped pin, swipe up on the card label.
You may need to swipe up again to view the entire card.
The Dropped Pin Card expands.
How to create a landmark from the Dropped Pin Card:
- From the Dropped Pin Card, tap Create Landmark.
- Enter the name you would like to assign to the landmark.
- Tap Create.
A pop-up window appears prompting you to enter a name for the landmark you are creating.
The landmark is created and displayed on the Map.
The landmark shape and size defaults to a 750 ft. circle.
Vehicle statuses correspond to color-coded pin icons.
When more than one vehicle is present in a similar location, the map represents multiple statuses/colors with a clustered circle. As you zoom in and vehicles appear farther apart, clusters update accordingly. The number in a cluster’s center indicates the vehicles included, and the ring around the cluster indicates the statuses of the clustered vehicles.
The example above shows one vehicle moving at 67 MPH or more (1/3 of the cluster), and two vehicles stopped (2/3 of the cluster).
|Moving at less than 60 mph|
|Moving at, or faster than, 67 mph|
|Stopped for less than 60 minutes|
|Stopped for more than 60 minutes|
|Idling for 3 minutes or more|
|The vehicle has PTO attributes.|
|The vehicle is out of range.|
|This is a tracked asset, not a vehicle.|
When you tap on a vehicle from the map, the Vehicle Card appears, which shows you the Vehicle ID or name, driver (if associated/assigned), duration of vehicle status, last reported time of ignition status, and address of last reported location.
Additional options on the vehicle card include the following:
- Zooming in on current location
- Starring the vehicle
- Contacting the driver/vehicle
- Viewing the vehicle trail
- Activating Ignition On/Off alerts
- Creating landmark from vehicle location
- Assigning/changing the driver to the vehicle
- Displaying Street View (Preview and Full available)
- Viewing vehicle trip history (Recent and Complete available)
- Viewing vehicle details (Includes any and all details specific to the vehicle as configured in the Portal such as odometer, runtime, and more)
- Viewing vehicle attributes (Includes any and all attributes specific to the vehicle as configured in the Portal).
See Using the Vehicle Card for additional information and instructions on using the Vehicle Card.
You may view landmark details such as address, map view, and a list of assets closest to the selected landmark.
To view landmark details:
- From the map, tap on the landmark you would like to view.
- Swipe up on the landmark name.
To see a landmark from the map, you must have the landmark selected in the Landmark feature of the app. See Selecting Landmarks in for step-by-step instructions on selecting a landmark(s) or landmark group.
The name of the landmark appears toward the bottom of the screen.
The landmark card appears.
You may need to swipe up more than once to view the complete landmark card.