The Map feature allows you to view real-time vehicle locations and statuses on a map.
1) Menu – Set your map preferences for Traffic, Trails, Filters, Follows, Map Type, Pin Label and Focus.
2) Search Bar – Search for vehicle ID/name or landmarks.
3) Center – Center the map over your current location (applicable if location services are enabled on your device).
4) Zoom In – Focus and enlarge the map on a specific location to view the map in greater detail.
5) Zoom Out – Decrease the map view to display less detail over a larger map area.
Search for vehicle ID/name or landmark.
How to use the Search Bar:
- Tap the Search Bar.
- Enter the vehicle ID/name or landmark.
- Tap on the vehicle id/name or landmark you would like to center the app screen over.
The app will return applicable matches meeting your search parameters in list form.
The screen automatically centers over your selection.
To exit the Search Bar and return to the Map, tap the Return button ()
You may drop a pin right on the Map and view details of the dropped pin in the Dropped Pin Card.
How to drop a pin:
- From the Map, find the location for which you would like to drop a pin.
- Tap and hold on the screen over the location.
A dropped pin icon appears on the Map and a Dropped Pin card appears at the bottom of the screen.
Dropped Pin Card
You can view details of the Dropped Pin such as dropped pin address, street view (preview and full) of the dropped pin, and a list of assets located near the pin you dropped.
How to view the Dropped Pin Card
- From the dropped pin, swipe up on the card label.
- The Dropped Pin Card expands.
You may need to swipe up to view the entire card.
Vehicle statuses correspond to color-coded pin icons.
When more than one vehicle is present in a similar location, the map represents multiple statuses/colors with a clustered circle. As you zoom in and vehicles appear farther apart, clusters update accordingly. The number in a cluster’s center indicates the vehicles included, and the ring around the cluster indicates the statuses of the clustered vehicles.
The example above shows two vehicles stopped (2/2 of the cluster).
|Moving at, or faster than, the threshold speed preset in the Portal by the user.|
|Stopped for less than 60 minutes|
|Stopped for more than 60 minutes|
|Idling for the threshold time preset in the Portal by the user.|
|The vehicle has PTO attributes.|
|Out of range|
|Asset or trailer, not a vehicle|
When you tap on a vehicle from the map, the Vehicle Card appears, which shows you the Vehicle ID or name, driver (if associated/assigned), duration of vehicle status, last reported time of ignition status, and address of last reported location.
Additional options on the vehicle card include the following:
- Zooming in on current location
- Starring the vehicle
- Contacting the driver/vehicle
- Viewing the vehicle trail
- Activating Ignition On/Off alerts
- Creating landmark from vehicle location
- Assigning/changing the driver to the vehicle
- Displaying Street View (Preview and Full available)
- Viewing vehicle trip history (Recent and Complete available)
- Viewing vehicle details (Includes any and all details specific to the vehicle as configured in the Portal such as odometer, runtime, and more)
You may need to scroll up to see the complete vehicle card.
See Using the Vehicle Card for additional information.
You may view landmark details such as address, street view (option to show interactive full street view), and a list of assets closest to the selected landmark.
To view landmark details:
- From the map, tap on the landmark you would like to view.
To see a landmark from the map, you must have the landmark selected in the Landmark feature of the app. See Selecting Landmarks in Using the Android Manager Landmarks for step-by-step instructions on selecting a landmark(s) or landmark group.
- Swipe up on the landmark name.
The name of the landmark appears toward the bottom of the screen.
The landmark card appears.
You may need to swipe up more than once to view the complete landmark card.
Displaying Street View in Full Screen
You may preview the Street View or display the Street View in interactive full screen to visually explore the surroundings of a selected landmark.
To Display Street View in Full Screen:
- From the landmark card, tap Street View.
- Tap Show full street view.
- To interact with the Street View, drag your finger on the screen or tap the white arrows to move the view up/down the street. To see a wider view and change to landscape mode, turn your device sideways. To zoom in, pinch open on the screen.
- To return to the landmark card, tap the back arrow at the top-left corner of the page.
The Street View section expands providing a Street View preview and the Show full street view button.
A new page appears displaying the Street View.