Uploading landmarks to your Garmin device allows your drivers to use them at any time without relying on dispatches. In order to upload landmarks to your Garmin device, you must download and install the Garmin POI Loader. POI Loader is free software utility provided by Garmin that lets you upload customized points of interest (POIs) from your computer to your compatible Garmin device. This utility is optional and complies with the terms of service for Garmin.
Company XYZ’s fleet manager wants drivers of Garmin-equipped vehicles to have all dispatch center landmarks/addresses saved to their Garmin devices for easy access.
To export landmarks and upload them to a Garmin:
- From the portal, hover over the Mapping menu, click Spreadsheet Import/Export, and click Open.
The Import/Export Landmarks page opens in a new browser tab.
- From the Export grid, choose the landmark groups that you want to export.
- Leave the Format set to CSV (comma separated values).
- Click Save to File.
The file downloads to your computer. You’ll need to make note of the download location for use during upload in the next few steps. (The download location may vary depending on the browser you are using. Typically it is saved in C:\Users\yourname\Downloads.)
- Open a browser window, and go to: http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader.
- Click Download POI Loader, and follow the onscreen instructions to install.
- Connect your Garmin device to your computer with a USB cable, and ensure the device is powered on.
- Open the POI Loader utility, and follow the onscreen instructions.
When the upload is complete, landmarks will be available on the Garmin device under Find Location > Extras > Custom POIs.